OVERSEAS PROPERTY PURCHASES – SAVE ON YOUR PAYMENTS
Using currency transfers to pay for your dream home overseasWhether you’re searching for a getaway villa on the Côte d'Azur or a large family home on Australia’s east coast, there are common practicalities and costs involved in buying a bolthole abroad. It can seem like a major undertaking, but it becomes a lot simpler once you know the essential steps.
That’s why we’ve put together this straight-talking, practical guide to purchasing property overseas.
Our guide teaches you about all the legal and financial issues you’ll need to consider. You’ll learn about:
- the contract process
- the checks you should always carry out
- who to hire to help you with those
- all the extra costs to account for
- how to protect your mortgage repayments against exchange rate fluctuations
- how brokers can help you significantly reduce your overall costs
- the basics of overseas property insurance.